Rental terms & conditions
Outbound rentals - Getting the wheels to you
Rental wheels can be picked up from selected bike shops in Auckland central Auckland - we will be in contact to select a shop and pickup date.
- For those outside of Auckland, nationwide shipping on rental wheels is calculated at the checkout.
- Pickup dates will be confirmed once you book - we aim to have wheels to you at least one week prior to the race.
Inbound rentals - NSC getting the wheels back
Return of the wheels are the responsibility of the rental customer
- If you collected them from an Auckland bike shop, dropping them back to the same shop is fine!
- For customers wishing to return wheels via shipping, this is to be arranged and paid for by you - we will provide a return address label, so all you have to do is buy a courier ticket from the post office.
- Wheels need to be returned within one week of the race.
Your obligations and Insurance
By renting with us you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the wellbeing of the carbon wheels rented. Any loss or damage of the wheels will be your responsibility to reimburse to Negative Split Carbon. Luckily we do offer insurance against damage!
If damage occurs during a rental term you can:
- Pay nothing if you have paid the $20 excess.
Pay the damage charge of $400; or
If the wheelset is not returned:
- You will be invoiced for the wheelset at the current RRP.
We like that word. We call ourselves the underdogs of the bicycle carbon wheel industry. No one knows us, we're not expected, you might think we lack experience and credibility, we're too small, unable to innovate, we're too cheap, we're no good.
Instead, we're bold, we're dreamers. We question and challenge, and we push, we push the limits of what's possible. And keep pushing, relentless, persevering until we negative split.
Then, and only then, it might happen. The underdog is underdog no more.'
-This statement was first published on Nov 26th, 2018. Whatever happens, NSC will always be underdogs, and won't forget where we've come from, who we are. For that reason, this statement will remain unchanged as long as Negative Split stays in business.
Establishes the vision and sets the direction, responsible for identifying and bringing disruption in the market.
NSC Brand & Marketing
Head of the NSC Graphics and Visuals Dept. Brings the NSC story to life.
Our Licensed Distributor for New Zealand, Australia and Pacific Islands.
Chris is a competitive triathlete, having twice represented NZ at ITU World Champs, and has a background in digital marketing and product management